Items marked with a * are only available from our uniform supplier, Simmonds of Tunbridge Wells.
School Uniform – Terms 1 to 6
- Fleece lined outer coat – black with SKPS logo*
- Rucksack – red with SKPS logo (small and large size available)*
- Blazer - black trimmed with SKPS logo*
- Tie – black/red bold striped*
- Sleeveless jumper or long sleeve jumper – red (with black inset neck band)*
- Tartan Skinners’ skirt (Year 5 and 6 only) – grey and red tartan pleats*
- Skirts or trousers – grey pleated skirt or grey trousers
- Pinafore dress (EYFS and KS1 only) – grey wide box pleats, no embroidery
- Shirt – white, long or short sleeved, with button to neck
- Socks – plain grey, ankle or knee length
- Tights – plain grey (leggings are not permissible)
- Shoes – plain black school style
- Hair accessories (i.e. Alice bands, clips, scrunchies or beads) – red or black
Optional Winter Accessories
- Scarf – plain black or red (no logos or characters)
- Gloves – plain black or red
- Hat – plain black or red, or black with SKPS logo (hat with SKPS logo is available from Simmonds)
- Ear muffs – plain black or red
- Wellies – plain black or red
Optional Summer Uniform – Terms 1, 5 and 6
- Shorts – grey formal style
- Summer dress – red classic style gingham summer dress from high street retailers, to be worn with SKPS long sleeve or sleeveless jumper and SKPS blazer
- Socks – plain white, ankle or knee length, no trainer socks, small red bow or red frill is permitted
- Rain-mac/cagoule – plain red or black, can be worn with blazer if the weather is too warm for SKPS outer coat
- Summer hat – red with SKPS logo or plain black or red (hat with SKPS logo is available from Simmonds)
PE Kit – Terms 1 to 6
- T-shirt – red with SKPS logo*
- Shorts – black with SKPS logo*
- PE bag – red with SKPS logo*
- Plimsolls – plain black, slip on or Velcro
- Trainers (optional**) – black, suitable for outdoor use – KS1 and KS2
- Joggers (optional**) – black with SKPS logo* or plain black (for KS1 and KS2 outside PE in cold/wet weather)
- Sweatshirt (optional**) – red with SKPS logo* or plain red (for KS1 and KS2 outside PE in cold/wet weather)
**We strongly advise outdoor wear as around 50% of PE lessons will be outside.
What to bring to school
- SKPS school rucksack (pencil cases and stationery are not required unless specified for your child’s year group).
- Water bottle with drinking cap (water only, please note that squash and other drinks are not permitted).
- Spare clothes in case of an accident (EYFS only)
- Healthy morning snack (raw fruit or veg, please note that nuts are not permitted as some pupils and staff may have an allergy).
- PE kit (for Reception Class pupils, from Term 3).
- Warm SKPS coat, hats, gloves on cold/wet days, SKPS summer hat in hot weather.
- On sunny days, please apply a once a day sunscreen to your child before they arrive in school.
- Pupils are expected to be of a smart and presentable appearance at all times.
- Only small decorative attachments are to be worn in the hair (permissible items listed below).
- Long hair (below shoulder length) should be tied up away from the face, i.e. pony tail, plait etc to ensure health and safety during the school day. Hair accessories (i.e. Alice bands, clips, scrunchies or beads) should be red or black
- Hair should be own natural colour only, no extreme or unkempt hairstyles or shaved patterns are allowed.
- Shoes must be plain black and of sensible style. Velcro fasteners are recommended until a pupil can confidently tie laces. Black trainers, boots or canvas shoes are not allowed.
- No ornamented/coloured/novelty caps or hats.
- No jewellery (except one wristwatch and one small plain gold or silver stud earring in each ear).
- No coloured nail polish or temporary tattoos.
- All items of uniform should be clearly marked or labelled with the pupil’s full name, please show your child where their name is so that they know where to check to see if an item belongs to them.